Last Update: August 2010
Renovo sells wireless products in a variety of conditions with specific warranty periods for each product line. The typical products and warranties are listed here, but the actual warranty is spelled out on each invoice for each purchase. The warranty on the final invoice is the applicable warranty for that particular shipment.
New. Manufacturer’s OEM warranty applies. Other Renovo warranties are stated on the invoice.
Refurbished. Renovo offers a standard 90-day warranty for refurbished product. Customers must notify Renovo Customer Service of any defects within 90 calendar days from date of invoice. Renovo will offer repair, exchange or credit for all valid returns.
Tested. Renovo offers a standard 15-day warranty. Customers must notify Renovo Customer Service of any defects within 15 calendar days from date of invoice. Renovo will offer exchange or credit for all valid returns. Typical tested warranty covers only power up and good LCD, unless other tested conditions are specifically listed on the invoice.
Used, Untested, Repair Stock, Beyond Economical Repair. Renovo offers no warranty for these product lines.
Batteries & Chargers. Renovo offers a standard 30-day warranty for new or tested batteries and chargers. Customers must notify Renovo Customer Service of any defects within 30 calendar days from date of invoice.
Repair Parts. Renovo offers a standard 90-day full replacement warranty for new or A-stock repair parts. Customers must notify Renovo Customer Service of any defects within 90 calendar days from date of invoice.
Programming and Flashing Services. Renovo warranties all programming and flashing services for 30 days. Any handset received from Renovo for which services were performed and is found to be incorrectly programmed or flashed per the written specification provided by the customer, may be returned for correction. Renovo does not warranty handsets serviced if deemed defective, or that are found to be caused by customer tampering or incorrectly using the handset and/or its software. Renovo does not verify proper function of the phone upon its receipt from the customer. Renovo does not warranty any phone damaged during the programming or flashing.
For most warranty returns, we repair, re-test, and return the same unit to the customer. For other valid warranty returns, Renovo reserves the right to replace defective product with the same model or credit the customer’s account for future purchases. Any missing product or product which has been physically opened or processed in any way beyond the originally shipped condition may result in a decrease or full forfeiture in replacement value.
RMA. Customers must obtain a Return Merchandise Approval (RMA) prior to returning any product and must follow the shipping instructions provided to ensure product is received by Renovo in the same condition it was shipped to the customer. To obtain your Return Merchandise Approval (RMA), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your customer name, list of warranted ESNs and their relative defect. We will reply within 24-48 hours with your RMA for approved product and will include return shipping instructions. Or you can call us at 1-586-907-5323. We will talk through your RMA and how to ship your return to us.
You will have 15 days after your Return Merchandise Approval is issued to send in your product. Once the product lands at our facility, we will process your return and report the outcome within 5 business days. For valid returns, you will have the choice to replace the defective product or we can issue a credit to your account for future purchases. If your product does not arrive within 15 days after the RMA is issued, Renovo reserves the right to cancel the RMA. If you have any questions or concerns regarding our Warranty and Return Policy, please email us at email@example.com or call 1-586-907-5323.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Update: August 22, 2010
ALL TRANSACTIONS WITH RENOVO ARE GOVERNED BY THE POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH BELOW IN THIS TERMS & CONDITIONS ("AGREEMENT"). PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY. YOUR REGISTRATION INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE POLICIES, TERMS AND CONDITIONS. RENOVO MAY AMEND THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME BY POSTING THE AMENDED TERMS ON OUR COMMERCE SITE. EXCEPT AS STATED BELOW, AMENDED TERMS WILL BECOME EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEY ARE POSTED ON OUR COMMERCE SITE.
1. SERVICES. Renovo sells wireless devices, mobile phones, accessories, and repair parts ("Products"). Renovo reserves the right to amend, cancel or alter these offerings at Renovo’s sole discretion.
2. REGISTRATION. Registration requires the completion of the online user registration form with accurate and complete contact names, principal business addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, an accurate and complete Customer Profile Form, as well as acceptance of Renovo’s Terms and Conditions Agreement. There are no fees to register. Renovo reserves the right to refuse registration to any individual, company, or entity.
3. TRANSACTIONS. As a registered customer, you may use the online store to buy available Products. Or you may buy Products through an account manager. The Products listed in the online store may be subject to Sales Restrictions. For any sales restricted product, you agree to comply with the restrictions as stipulated by Renovo. Quantities and prices shown are subject to change at any time. Renovo does not take responsibility for inaccurate pricing or inaccurate quantities, and reserves the right to correct any errors on any orders processed.
4. SHIPPING. Renovo typically ships orders within 48 business hours of receipt of the funds from you. You are responsible for all shipping charges including freight, insurance, import taxes, duties and other similar charges.
5. PAYMENT METHODS. Renovo’s standard terms are wire transfer in advance. Invoicing will include wire transfer fees of the originating bank. Customers with satisfactory audited financials or an exemplary payment history with Renovo may inquire about COD or Open Credit terms. For purchasing convenience, domestic credit cards are also accepted and invoicing will include a surcharge to cover transaction fees. For wire transfer and credit card orders, all applicable funds must post to Renovo’s bank account in a three day time frame. If funds have not posted to Renovo’s bank account in the stipulated time frame, Renovo retains the right to sell or remarket the product at our sole discretion. Orders which are processed for shipping and subsequently cancelled, will result in a $200 per line item restocking fee to your account. Failure to pay the restocking fee will result in a suspension of registration.
6. TAXES. Any sales tax, use tax, transfer tax, or any other tax or fee which may be assessed by any jurisdiction having taxing authority over any transaction conducted with Renovo will be the responsibility of the Buyer. Renovo is not responsible for the calculation of any taxes or the reporting or remittance of any taxes to any taxing authority other than the State of Michigan.
7. WARRANTY. See Warranty and Return policy. Renovo does not warranty used, as is, test fail, production fallout, or repair stock conditions. A Return Merchandise Approval (RMA) will be issued for all warranty applicable product. Equipment sent into Renovo without a RMA will be refused and returned to the sender at their cost.
8. WARRANTY DISCLAIMER. WE PROVIDE OUR SERVICES AND THE WEB SITE "AS IS" AND WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OR CONDITION, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, TITLE, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT REGARDING THE WEB SITE, OUR SERVICES OR ANY PRODUCTS YOU MAY PURCHASE FROM RENOVO. We do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services or our web site. The operation of the web site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside our control. We are not responsible for orders that are not processed or are not accepted or for outages that may occur from time to time.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OR USE, OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH OUR SERVICES, USE OF THE WEB SITE, OR THIS AGREEMENT (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) EVEN IF EXPRESSLY MADE AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY THEREOF. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTIES IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCE (WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM BREACH OF WARRANTY, BREACH OF THIS CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR IN TORT, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY) IS LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF FEES WE RECEIVE FOR THE TRANSACTION GIVING RISE TO LIABILITY.
10. COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE. The web site is owned and operated by Renovo. Unless otherwise specified, materials appearing on the web site, including the text, site design, logos, graphics, icons, and images, as well as the selection, assembly and arrangement thereof, are the sole property of Renovo. All software used on the web site is the sole property of Renovo or vendors supplying the software. You may use the content of the web site only for the purpose of viewing and buying the available Products. No materials from this web site may be copied, reproduced, modified, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any form or by any means without our prior written permission. All rights not expressly granted herein are reserved. Any unauthorized use of the materials appearing on this web site may violate copyright, trademark and other applicable laws and could result in criminal or civil penalties. All trademarks or service marks are property of their respective owners. The use of any trademark or service mark without the express written consent of the respective owner is strictly prohibited.
12. LINKS. The web site may contain links to other sites on the Internet that are operated by third parties. You acknowledge that Renovo is not responsible for the operation of or content located on or through any such site.
13. SUSPENSION, TERMINATION. Your registration may be terminated or suspended by Renovo if you do not comply with this Agreement, our policies and procedures, or for any reason we determine is necessary, at Renovo’s sole discretion, to protect Renovo and other registered members. You also have the right to terminate this Agreement and your registration at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. LEGAL COMPLIANCE. You agree to comply with all applicable laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding the use of our web site and purchase of items.
15. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR STATUS. This Agreement and your registration in no way constitute or give rise to a partnership, joint venture or other relationship between the parties. Both parties will operate under the terms of this Agreement as an independent contractor and not as an agent for the other.
16. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. For sales to any buyer incorporated in or a resident of the United States, the parties acknowledge and agree that the appropriate courts sitting in the Eastern District of Michigan, Southern Division or in Oakland County, Michigan, U.S.A., will have sole and exclusive authority to hear and adjudicate any dispute arising out of or related to this Agreement and each party hereby irrevocably consents to the jurisdiction of such courts. For sales to a Buyer incorporated outside the United States or a non-United States resident, any and all claims, controversies or disputes, whether in contract or in tort, arising out of or related to this transaction or the breach, termination or validity of any agreement related hereto or arising out of or related to the sale or use of any items furnished (a "Dispute") will be resolved solely by arbitration in accordance with the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") at the offices of the AAA in Detroit, Michigan and conducted in English. Each party will appoint one arbitrator with the two arbitrators thus appointed selecting a third arbitrator. The arbitrators must be practicing or retired attorneys. The arbitrators will be empowered to resolve all Disputes, whether in contract or in tort, and to award any remedies authorized by this Agreement and any applicable statute or common law. Discovery will be allowed as contemplated by the United States Federal Rules of Civil Procedure. All arbitration proceedings, including all evidence and statements, will be confidential and will not be used or disclosed for any other purpose. Each party will pay its own attorneys’ fees and expenses; all other expenses of arbitration will be equally divided between the parties, provided, however, the arbitrators will have the authority to assess any of the foregoing costs against any party acting in bad faith. The award of the arbitrators will be final and binding and is the sole and exclusive remedy of the parties regarding any Disputes hereunder except that nothing contained in this Agreement will prohibit either party from seeking injunctive relief or equitable remedies in a court of competent jurisdiction or pursuing other equitable remedies. A judgment on the award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The award will be in U.S. dollars and will earn interest from the date of the award until satisfied in full at the United States prime interest rate as reported in The Wall Street Journal on the business day immediately preceding the date of the award. Should either party bring any legal action against the other with respect to any claim required to be arbitrated under this Agreement by any method other than arbitration, the other party will be entitled to recover from such party all damages, costs, expenses and attorney’s fees incurred as a result of such action.
17. NOTICES. All notices will be given by email as follows: (a) if to Renovo, to email@example.com; (b) if to you, to the email address you provide to us during the registration process; or (c) such other address as a party specifies. Notice will be deemed given 24 hours after email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid. Alternatively, we may give you notice by certified mail, postage prepaid and return receipt requested, or by overnight delivery service, to the address provided by you during the registration process. In such case, notice will be deemed given three (3) days after the date of mailing.
18. GENERAL. This Agreement will be governed in all respects by the laws of the State of Michigan as such laws are applied to agreements entered into and to be performed entirely within Michigan between Michigan residents. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International sale of Goods will not apply to this Agreement. You may not sell, transfer or assign any rights or obligations you may have under this Agreement. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision will be struck and the remaining provisions will be enforced. Headings are for reference purposes only and are not to be used in the construction or interpretation of these terms and conditions. Our failure to act with respect to a breach of any term or provision of this Agreement by you does not waive our right to act with respect to subsequent or similar breaches. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us with respect to the subject matter hereof.
Last Update: August 2010
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE. Renovo collects personal information when you register with Renovo, when you use Renovo products or services, when you visit Renovo pages or the pages of certain Renovo partners, and when you enter contests, promotions or sweepstakes. Renovo may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies. When you register we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, telephone and fax numbers. Once you register with Renovo, you are not anonymous to us.
Renovo will collect your contact and payment information (including name, postal address, email address, credit card number, or other financial transaction information). We only use this information to create/update your account, verify your identity, authorize payments, and to send you a confirmation of your payment. We will share your financial information via a secure Internet connection with our order-processing center for the sole purpose of processing your order or refund. You have right to refrain from giving us certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of all of our features. We use the information that you provide for to enhance the service, such as responding to your requests. However, you may not mask your identity by providing false or misleading information. For example, you may not use IP masking to mask your Internet access location, including without limitation, proxy servers, masking software or the like.
2a. IP Address and Cookies. Renovo automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Renovo cookie information, and the page you request. Most web browsers have the ability to accept cookies, reject cookies, or to prompt the user before accepting them. The help portion of the toolbar of your browser will tell you how to select the option that suits you best. However, disabling the acceptance of cookies allows you to take full advantage of some of the best and most advanced features that we have to offer, and we recommend that you leave them turned on. We do not normally link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable, which means that a user’s session will be logged, but the user will remain anonymous to us.
3. CHILDREN UNDER AGE 17. Renovo does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information from anyone under the age of 17. If you are under 17, please do not register for Renovo or send any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address. No one under age 17 may provide any personal information to or on Renovo. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 17 without verification of parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under 17, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. COOKIES. Renovo may set and access Renovo cookies on your computer. You may occasionally get cookies from our business partners. Renovo and/or Renovo-affiliates do not control these cookies. Renovo may let other companies show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Renovo’s cookies.
5. YOUR ABILITY TO EDIT AND DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT INFORMATION AND PREFERENCES. You can edit your Renovo account information, including your marketing preferences, at any time. We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Renovo products and services, such as service announcements and administrative messages that are considered part of your Renovo account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them. You can delete your Renovo account by contacting email@example.com.
6. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY. We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. We have physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect personal information about you. As a user of Renovo goods and/or services, you have the responsibility to maintain the secrecy and/or integrity of any passwords assigned to you and to take reasonable measures to ensure that your password is not misused. You must notify Renovo immediately if you suspect that your password secrecy and/or integrity have been compromised.
Attn: Web Site Administrator
3692 Oakleaf Drive
West Bloomfield, MI 48324-2544
Tel: (586) 907-5323
Renovo Electronics is committed to recycling all of our electronic and business waste to contribute to a better environment. We believe this is compatible with sound business practices. Renovo Electronics will:
Our processing generates electronic waste from un-sellable material, such as scrap handsets, batteries, chargers, cigarette lighter adapters and leather cases. We contract certified smelters to assure complete disposal of the material with little to zero impact on the environment. No E-waste goes to landfills directly or through intermediaries. No electronic scrap is shipped to "underdeveloped countries". Our certified recycling partners are likewise prohibited from sending e-waste to any country not belonging to the European Union or the Organization of Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).